[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Roughneck Airsoft Detachment • View topic - New "Old" Homepage?

Roughneck Airsoft Detachment

Riverside Based Airsoft Team
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New "Old" Homepage?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:08 pm 
Roughneck Lieutenant

Why is the old homepage from like 2009 back up? lol

Post subject: Re: New "Old" Homepage?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:59 pm 
Roughneck Lance Corporal

WTF (win the face-off) home team passes to back, move up the boards and crosses; dump & case, odd rebound to the high slot
AND SCORE !!!!!!! The ol slpashpage gets his 4,015th point!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:16 pm 
Team Captain/Site Admin
Team Captain/Site Admin

The Server went through a massive hardware upgrade and they may have reverted some of the back line pointers that directed to the new home page.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:47 am 
Team Captain/Site Admin
Team Captain/Site Admin

Unable to locate any of the old files...Have NO idea what happened now. I'm gonna take the original page that is up right now and try to do a massive makeover like what we were gonna do before all this happened. Stand-by. Crazy schedule for the next few weeks so I will have limited pockets of time to do this. I will do what I can to rectify this as quickly as possible.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:26 pm 
Team Captain/Site Admin
Team Captain/Site Admin

For the time being...I have updated the old page until I can update to the new design. I removed all the old links for vendors and I updated some of the text on the main title description. I also reformatted a couple items and updated a couple of the broken links. I didn't go through ALL the associated pages like "OPS" or "Members". Those are still the same. It doesn't make much sense to put a ton of time into a page that will be scrapped in the very near future. I mainly wanted to update the general mistakes that were no longer accurate or outdated.

Below is a sample of what I will be working on. I found the original template that we bought. I had replaced my computer mid last year and lost everything from the old one which was stolen. I had back-ups, but it meant trying to "FIND" the files and the template we purchased. Well, after a few long hours of searching. I finally found the template files. I will start the long task of marking it up and changing the CSS information as well as a new Flash file for the splash screen that is on the inset with the flag like the cuber we had on the old site. I have all the data and directories loaded into CS5.5 and I will be modding all this in Dreamweaver and Flash

Now for something "REAL" amusing. Below is our old site entry from back in 2003

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:03 pm 
Team Captain/Site Admin
Team Captain/Site Admin

Front page has been updated with a new placeholder. Super simplified with a LOT of work still needed. It removes the OLDS look and at least looks more in line with our Facebook page.

I'm looking for comments and suggestions. If I'm going to spend an inordinate amount of time on it, I want some feedback. Otherwise, I'll just put back the old index file.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:07 pm 
Roughneck Member

looks good, alot better than the old one. The old one just looked tacky as hell. Like we were some pick up team from North Dakota trying to start a team lol

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:15 am 
Roughneck Member

Looks sharp, very nice. Although, I can't open any of the red highlighted items.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:30 am 
Team Chef/Former Co-Captain

i remember that green home page...also when you Google radairsoft.com our link to the http://www.radairsoft.com says Roughneck Airsoft "INFANTRY" Detachment??

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:55 pm 
Team Captain/Site Admin
Team Captain/Site Admin

Some of the 'Red" links only have "#" in the data making them broken links. Since I don't have a location to point them yet, I left them blank rather than deleting the hyperlink text. Basically think of it as a placeholder because that's what they are. Nice of you to notice the little things. I also found a couple typos that I will fix tonight.

Also fixed video for "Old School Roughnecks". restored Audio and restored image quality.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:51 pm 
Roughneck Council

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:34 pm 
Team Captain/Site Admin
Team Captain/Site Admin

I added two pages and activated the link bar under the picture. The two active links (and yes...I am aware that the links are not completely even and that some words are higher than others. Ran out of time to fix...) are "Recruitment" and "Rules" More to come.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:14 pm 
Roughneck Lieutenant

I like it! You get everything about the Roughnecks and upcoming events on one page.